Monday, March 17, 2008


That is me and my good friend Suzie. On Saturday we trained out in the Point Reyes area. The weather man said 60% chance of rain....I'm glad we didn't listen to him. It was extremely windy though. We started out from Nicasio and peddled out to the Lighthouse in Point Reyes and back; 65 miles, 4500 ft of climbing. But the hardest part of the weekend was Sunday morning when I had to get out on the bike again for my "recovery" ride. I only did a fast 10 miles, mostly flat, spinning all the way. It's always so hard to get out there after a long ride the day before, but once I'm rollin' I love it and feel good about making myself do it. But the recovery rides are going to have to be longer as the Saturday training rides get longer. I'm only riding about 150 miles a week so far, but that is going to soon change. But like my friend Suzie told me and I told my friend Rich, take it one week at a time.

No comments: