Friday, March 07, 2008

I received a beautiful thank you card from Norma Peddle yesterday. Last year Norma's husband Bill Peddle died of cancer. Bill was one of my honorees for the Solvang Century. Once again I am honoring Bill Peddles memory as well as two of Norma's other relatives that she lost to cancer. Her brother Ronald Leger and her cousin Ann LeBlanc. Norma lost her brother when she was quite young. Ronald Leger was only 8 months old when he past away from leukemia in 1947. Then her family continued the ordeal with her little cousin Ann.

In Norma's words:

My baby brother Ronald died as a young infant of leukemia and my little cousin Ann died of the same at 4 years old. She was a guinea pig with treatment back then because they really had no cure or hope. It was very very sad. I helped my mom, help my aunt take care of her, she was exhausted. The poor little girl went through hell.

Thank you for doing what you do!!!


Children today are benefiting from the research that is done with the funds we raise. The five-year survival rate for acute lymphocytic leukemia (the most common form of childhood leukemia) has improved from just 4% in 1960 to over 80% today.

Please donate: www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/tntgsfNWhitla

No comments: