Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It was an eventful day. One of our coaches, Steve Asche, took a fall and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. In the book "23 days in July" they euphemistically refer to crashing as "Touching the Floor". Well Steve did.....so hard in fact, he broke my glasses, crunched his helmet, broke his handle bars, tore his jersey, and worst of all tore a hole in his TnT knee warmers. But he is home now and okay.

In the meantime, the rest of the team finished the ride and then actually went to Steve's house for a potluck. His wife and him were still at the hospital, but insisted that we carry on and party without them. The potluck was awesome. We have some great cooks on this team. It sure beat the heck out of Solvang’s potlucks.

Then on top of all this I did the 55 miles with 3500 ft of climbing with a raging hemorrhoid! I know, too much information. But we had a breakthrough for Michelle. She rode without underwear for the first time. OH! and I almost forgot. I was given the “spirit award”...... I’m still not sure why. GO TEAM!!!

No comments: