Monday, June 16, 2008

These are two of the most important women in my life. Peg, on the left is my ex-sister-in-law and the on the right is Jacqui, my sister. In this picture they are celebrating Christmas together last December on the east coast where they both live.
I unfortunately got VERY connected to the cause about two weeks ago when my sister called and told me that Peg had breast cancer. It was about 7:00 my time, so by the time I got off the phone with Jacqui it was to late to call Peg. I did call her the following morning and she had more news for me that Jacqui didn't have. It had been determined that Peg would have to have a mastectomy. She had the surgery on Thursday, the 12th, and is home now. She sees her doctor tomorrow and will have to get over the next hurdle of seeing the results of the surgery when her doctor removes the bandages to look at how the wound is doing. There will be further lab reports that she and Ed, her husband are anxiously waiting to hear about.
Peg's attitude has been so wonderful. I called her yesterday and she was cheerful and making jokes with me. It's a difficult thing to go through to say the least. Peg, by the way, is my "Top Donor". She made a $250. donation to the cause!
Cancer has NO boundary's. The Team Ride on June 28th is going to be in honor of Peggy. Peggy's faith in the Lord is what has gotten her and Ed through this trial in life, and God's will be done. She'll take it. God Bless ya Peglets....love you.

No comments: