Thursday, April 24, 2008


















Team Ride
#8 Taste of the Terrible Two's

We drove up to Cloverdale on Friday and rode Saturday with a start time of 6:15 a.m. We rode 107 miles and climbed 10,600 feet. With 90% of the climbing in the first 60 miles. I was happy about that; get the work over with first. Let's see, how else can I describe the ride.....Icy Cold, Super Windy, Long Climbs, Steep Hills, Remote Roads, Great SAG, True Friends, food and water, my bike and me.
Saturday wasn't enough though. We were back on the bikes by nine the next morning for another 45 miles and 4200 feet of climbing, Geyser Peak. I remember asking myself where does the desire to do this come from? Inner drive is all I could come up with. On one memorable climb on Fort Ross Road I was talking a fellow team mate up the steep 14 to 21%, 1.5 mile hill; "we can do this....I'll take it over laying on a table for 8 hours having chemo therapy. I am blessed because I don't have to explain to my young teenage kids that I am dying from cancer. I am blessed to be riding my bike up this hill." I did feel truly blessed, I arrived to the top with a smile on my face.

No comments: